We do insist that you contact Church & Hawes for further details and site access.
Plans are available at our Burnham on Crouch office for inspection or alternatively at using reference 19/00458/FUL on Maldon District Council Planning portal website. The plans, decision notice and other associated application documents can be emailed or sent upon request.
These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All measurements are approximate. No responsibility is accepted as to the accuracy of these particulars or statements made by our staff concerning the above property. We have not tested any apparatus or equipment therefore cannot verify that they are in good working order. Any intending purchaser must satisfy themselves as to the correctness of such statements within these particulars. All negotiations to be conducted through Church and Hawes. No enquiries have been made with the local authorities pertaining to planning permission or building regulations. Any buyer should seek verification from their legal representative or surveyor.
Village of Bradwell on Sea
Bradwell on Sea is situated on the Dengie Peninsular where the Blackwater Estuary meets the North Sea providing a delightful village located in a maritime setting with a highly regarded marina, several beaches, access onto the sea wall and a nature reserve. The village has a primary school, thriving community shop and post office and garage as well as two pubs. Trains to London Liverpool Street can be caught from the village of Southminster, a 15 minute drive away. The area is otherwise a quiet, rural, mainly arable landscape with some flat areas of open countryside and some quite stunning undulating areas with hilltop vantage points ideal for hikers and bird watchers. Sailing and motor boating enthusiasts use the River Blackwater for a variety of reasons, from competitions such as the Thames Barge Races, yacht club races and fishing and Bradwell also has a sailing/training establishment school (Bradwell Outdoors) with its ideal sheltered tidal waters. Bradwell offers a great history as a sea port with records existing as far back as 1478, where a waterside quay was developed in the 14th century to export a thriving sheep market, not only to London and various cities, but also to the continent. This key location has embarked Bradwell as a special place from Roman times to the present day. Evidence of the original Roman fort still remains, with other historical points of interest include St Peters Chapel and St Cedds, now in an isolated position on the peninsular with a later church built around 17th Century in the centre of the village. Bradwell also has the remains of its war time airfield, home in the 1940's to 418 squadron Royal Canadian Air force. At the end of the war the airfield was returned to agriculture.