Solid wood front door. Cloaks area. Further door to:
5.28 x 4.37 (17'4" x 14'4")
Large sash window with window seat. Magnificent restored cast iron fireplace with ornate surround and granite hearth. TV point. Original restored shutters.
5.33 x 2.95 (17'6" x 9'8")
Large louvre doors to rear gardens. Range of high gloss cream slab units with concealed extractor with tempered glass splash back under and throughout kitchen. Squared edge granite work surface with 1 ½ bowl inset sink with engraved drainer to side. 4 ring induction hob. Integrated fridge/freezer. Eye level electric Siemens oven with matching combi oven over. Integrated Smeg dishwasher. Integrated wine cooler. Integrated Smeg washer dryer. Large pantry style cupboard housing underfloor heating controls and boiler. Engineered wooden flooring. Restored original full height shutters. Extractor fan.
4.83 x 4.60 (15'10" x 15'1")
Large feature window with doors to rear gardens. Walk in wardrobe ( used as a study by the current owners ). Telephone point. Restored full height shutters Door to:
Mostly tiled. 4 piece suite. Large walk in shower cubicle with wall mounted controls and Rainfall shower head attachment. Wash hand basin. Built in drawer storage unit. WC with concealed cistern. Enclosed panelled bath with raised centre tap. Heated towel rail. Extractor fan.
Lease & Service Information
Church and Hawes have been advised the length of the lease remaining is approximately 124 years. We have also been advised the annual service charge is in the region of £1895.09 half yearly which covers costs of gardening, building insurance, tennis court and the concierge service for the development. In addition there is a charge of £125.00 for ground rent, reserve fund of £111.11 and company costs of £16.89. There is an additional gas charge for the apartment which is metered via the HIU unit within the apartment. There is also a communal satellite dish which a separate charge will apply for Sky T.V services. There are two allocated parking spaces for the apartment. A bike store is also available for residents.
These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All measurements are approximate. No responsibility is accepted as to the accuracy of these particulars or statements made by our staff concerning the above property. We have not tested any apparatus or equipment therefore cannot verify that they are in good working order. Any intending purchaser must satisfy themselves as to the correctness of such statements within these particulars. All negotiations to be conducted through Church and Hawes. No enquiries have been made with the local authorities pertaining to planning permission or building regulations. Any buyer should seek verification from their legal representative or surveyor.
Danbury Palace History:
Danbury Place was in the Mildmay family until 1673, when John Mildmay died childless. His wife Mary then married Robert Corey, Archdeacon of Middlesex. She died in 1724. Of the Corey children, only Elizabeth, who married William Fytche survived to inherit Danbury Place which he passed to the Fytche family. In the next generation, Danbury Place passed in 1750 to Williams younger son Thomas Fytche(1706 - 1777) He had work done to the house by Isaac Ware, who installed a chimney piece. He died without issue, and the house passed to his niece and adopted daughter Elizabeth, daughter of William Fytche who was briefly the governor of Bengal.
In 1775 she had married Lewis Disney, who added Fytche to his name. Lewis Disney Fytche had five daughters with his wife, who died in 1787. The eldest (Frances) Elizabeth married William Hillary in 1800, who bought out his father-in-law's interest in the house in 1801, and resided there with his young family. He separated from Elizabeth in 1808 going to the Isle Of Man to live while she stayed in Danbury Place until 1823 when her father died. At the time of her own death in 1828 it was let out. Hilary then sold Danbury Place to John Round. Round resided at Danbury Place having replaced the old house with a new one designed by Thomas Hopper(1832) In a Tudor Gothic style. After 12 years it became an episcopal Palace for the Bishop of Rochester, with a change of name to Danbury Palace.
Danbury Palace was put up for sale in 1892 with a park of 284 acres. It was sold to Seth Tyler, who sold it on to Hugh Hoare. At the beginning of World War Two, the house and grounds belonged to John Tyson Wigan, who allowed it to be used as a maternity hospital. After the war a large part of the park was bought by Essex County Council. The house and other buildings went to Anglia Polytechnic University in 1974, when the Danbury Country Park was created. The house was registered as a grade two listed building in 1987. After three decades of use as a conference centre, Danbury Palace is now 13 apartments.